About Me

My photo
Sydney, Australia
A hopeful emerging filmmaker

Thanks Buster

Wednesday, September 1, 2010
I think Im finally beginning to truly appreciate film. I watched a silent movie called 'The General' that was made in 1927. It ran for about 70 minutes. When I was told that I would be watching this movie and that it would be silent, my mind screamed in agony, I was certain I would end up on my phone tweeting non stop out of boredom or simply falling asleep. To my astonishment I didn't take my eyes off the screen. Not only did I enjoy watching how they did things back then but I actually really enjoyed the story. Once I was fully engrossed in the narrative I found myself not taking notice of technical things I felt I was supposed to be looking at. Instead, I watched with excitement, frustration and bewilderment. Totally captivated by the protagonists actions. Once it had finished I was stunned. 'I just enjoyed a silent film' was what went through my mind.
It was either a really really amazing silent film or I am turning a new leaf. Well I suppose it could be both. What Im getting at is... well I don't really know what Im getting at. Long story short, I couldnt believe I enjoyed the film and I actually contemplated watching it again.

web site hit counter